Over 20 years of experience in:
- Higher Education Leadership
- Strategic Planning
- Facilitation and Coaching
- Learning and Development
- Evaluation and Assessment
- Program Development
- Leadership and Staff Development
- Change Management
University of Denver
- D., Human Communication Studies
- A., Human Communication Studies
University of Indiana
- A. Communication
Assessments & Licensure
- Credentialed in University of Denver’s University College Master Teaching Status
Dr. Ali Atkison is a highly regarded keynote speaker, trainer, and teaching professional who has educated and inspired audiences of all sizes for more than two decades. With more than 20 years in higher education, Ali is widely considered one of the foremost authorities on how the adult brain learns.
Ali delights in delivering clear, tangible and, yes, actually fun, workshops and programs to engage with organizations and teams who want to truly achieve lasting results. Ali has a wealth of experience in professional speaking, learning and development, facilitation, strategic planning, leadership, teambuilding, and coaching. She uses her experience with the power of communication and science to deliver results that marry the complex interplay between human motivation and values and the organization’s values and mission.
Ali leads with an inquisitive mindset. She brings her curious, analytical nature to her work, which allows her to model and coach a growth mindset. She believes every problem has a solution, and every person has potential. Ali’s strengths are her ability to connect big-picture thinking with small steps and achievable wins; and finding ways to connect with clients and audiences from 1 to 1,000 in ways that make sense to them.
Ali’s accomplishments include:
- Published articles in ATD Magazine, UPCEA’s Unbound, and The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Two decades in academic roles, including Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Associate Teaching Professor in the college of professional and continuing studies
- Credentialed in University of Denver’s University College Master Teacher status
- Professor and creator of self-paced digital courses for Wondrium and Audible on brain-based tactics for communication, written communications, and consulting.
- Ali’s Audible course on consulting, “Consulting 101: So You Want to Be a Consultant?”, was named “One of the 12 Best Business Consulting Audiobooks of All Time” by BookAuthority.
- Her pending book, Computerside Manner: Ten Digital-Communication Mistakes You’re Making That Are Holding You Back Professionally is set for 2023 publication through Morgan James publishing.
- Ali has conducted keynotes and workshops on brain-based communication, brain-based facilitation, and communication skills for organizations such as Marsh McLennan, Pinnacol Assurance, the Denver Art Museum, National Association for Graduate Admissions Professionals, the Montana University System, the Institute for Adult Learning in Singapore, and more.
- Ali was a selected speaker for the 2022 Python Web Conference, 2022 Indy SHRM conference, and Indy CIO Network.
- She has appeared on numerous podcasts including Geeks, Geezers, and Googlization; LinkedIn Live with Dr. Laura Sicola.