Michele Kawamoto Perry is a multifaceted leader and people developer with 25+ years of success in business strategy, organization effectiveness and operational excellence across multiple industries, including entertainment, wine & spirits and fintech. She combines astute business acumen with an enterprising vision of the future to coach business leaders on the power of transformational leadership to improve company culture and drive growth.
Michele believes that exemplary leadership is key to organizational change. By providing leaders with the tools and guidance that amplify their unique strengths and talents, she supports them in building teams and companies that value diversity, honor individualism, foster inclusion, promote collaboration and deliver results. Developing and honing leadership skills empowers individuals to make a positive impact and realize successful futures for themselves and their organizations.
Michele has served as an adjunct professor for the Master of Science in Management and Leadership program at Pepperdine’s Graziadio Business School. She has also worked with organizations such as Boeing, Shell Global, GlaxoSmithKline, Autodesk, Inc., Heineken Global, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Polen Capital, Mandela Washington Fellowship, U.S. Federal Government, Chumash Enterprises, University of Texas San Antonio, and Boys & Girls Club of America.
Michele is passionate about world travel and gastronomy. She is also a Certified Sommelier. She resides in Los Angeles, California, with her husband and dog where she enjoys hiking in the mountains, walking on the beach and engaging in the cornucopia of cultural and entertainment activities throughout the city.
• Master of Business Administration, KEDGE, Bordeaux, France
• Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences, Harvard University
• Change Management Certificate, Cornell University
• Diversity & Inclusion Certificate, Cornell University
• Human Resources Management Certificate, Loyola Marymount University
• Certified Professional Co-Active Coach
• Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach
• Certified Master, The Leadership Challenge®
• Trained Coach, Leadership Practices Inventory®
• Accredited Facilitator, The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™
• Certified Practitioner, Myers Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI)
• Certified Practitioner, EQ 2,0 & EQ 360®
• Trained Council Facilitator, The Center for Council
• Communications Co-Chair of Harvard W3D: Women in Defense, Diplomacy and Development
• Member and Collaborator of IDiF, a nonprofit organization driving equitable access to capital to accelerate economic justice, power, and influence.
• Board Member of The Academy Project, a nonprofit organization working to improve outcomes for foster youth in Los Angeles through community, empowerment and education.